What are the holidays without yummy treats? When you’re vegan and gluten free it can be hard to find tasty cookies that accommodate both! Don’t worry I have an amazing recipe for you!
1 Cup Sugar
3/4 Pound Vegan Butter (Earth Balance)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (Pamela’s Baking Mix)
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
6 to 7 ounces Dairy Free Chocolate, Chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together butter and 1 cup sugar with an electric mixer. Once they are completely mixed add in Vanilla.
3. In a dry mixing bowl, stir flour and salt together. Then add them little by little to the butter mixture.
4. Once the dough has come together place the dough on a flour dusted surface and shape into a flat circle. Cover in plastic wrap then chill for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the chilled dough and begin to cut with a cookie cutter of your choice. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 min until edges turn golden. Cool to room temperature on a baking rack.
6. Put 3oz dairy free chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir with a wooden spoon and continue heating in short increments until chocolate is melted.
7. Dip cooled cookies in chocolate and let dry on parchment.