Best Vegan Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
What are the holidays without yummy treats? When you’re vegan and gluten free it can be hard to find tasty cookies that accommodate both! Don’t worry I have an amazing recipe for you!
1 Cup Sugar
3/4 Pound Vegan Butter (Earth Balance)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (Pamela’s Baking Mix)
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
6 to 7 ounces Dairy Free Chocolate, Chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together butter and 1 cup sugar with an electric mixer. Once they are completely mixed add in Vanilla.
3. In a dry mixing bowl, stir flour and salt together. Then add them little by little to the butter mixture.
4. Once the dough has come together place the dough on a flour dusted surface and shape into a flat circle. Cover in plastic wrap then chill for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the chilled dough and begin to cut with a cookie cutter of your choice. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 min until edges turn golden. Cool to room temperature on a baking rack.
6. Put 3oz dairy free chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir with a wooden spoon and continue heating in short increments until chocolate is melted.
7. Dip cooled cookies in chocolate and let dry on parchment.